Girls on the Run
Wilchester is bringing back Girls on the Run!! Kelli Gault (4th grader – Hadley), Meredith Cramer (5th grader - Charlotte), Summer Burke (4th grader - Charlotte), D’Lisia Bergeron (5th grader – Darcy) and Emily Vanderbilt (5th grader - Ainsley) are hard at work preparing to be the team coaches for an incredible return of Girls on the Run to WCE. It is an activity that will be meaningful for them both emotionally and physically. Registration for the Wilchester Girls on the Run team starts August 1.
What is Girls on the Run?
If you haven't heard of GOTR, it's much more than running. Their mission in a nutshell is- "a program that works to encourage girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games culminating in a celebratory 5K run."
Why is it important for our daughters?
• Girls’ self-confidence begins to drop by age 9
• 50% of girls ages 10 to 13 experience bullying such as name calling and exclusion
• Physical activity levels decline at age 10 and continue to decrease throughout adolescence
A few other things to know:
- Each team has 8-15 girls (open to grades 3-5 only).
- It's a 10-week program in the Fall. We will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays after school until 4:35 pm. Practices start Tuesday, September 5. In other words, it's a two day/week program for 10 weeks.
- The girls will stay after school, given time to change and grab a snack. Parents then pick up from the coaches at 4:35 pm after practice.
- The season culminates in a 5K at Rice University scheduled for Saturday, November 18.
- Registration is done by lottery. The registration portal opens August 1 and the lottery will be run on August 24th. You will be notified on August 25th.
- Attached is the link to register for GOTR beginning Aug 1.
JOIN THE PTA!
EASY WAYS TO HELP THE SCHOOL
UPCOMING PTA MEETING
September 29th @ 8:00 am
General Meeting in WCE Cafeteria
Need to join the PTA?
Join the PTA!
New to Wilchester?
Sign up for a School Tour!
Please use the following forms for requests for reimbursements and deposits:
If you are making a PTA purchase, please use a tax exempt form. The PTA cannot reimburse you for tax paidTax Exempt 2023
Do you have feedback on the new website? Are you looking for something this is missing? Click below to submit feedback on improvements needed.